Our Complaints Procedure
At Hosking Associates, we strive to offer our clients a professional, quality service. If a client is dissatisfied with any part of our service, they may wish to raise a formal complaint.
Addressing the Complaint
- In the first instance, the client should try to resolve the issue with the Consultant directly as this will be most expedient.
- If the issue is more complex, or you do not feel that you can raise it with the Consultant, a formal written complaint should be sent to email@example.com. Please see the section Writing a Complaint for further information of what we ask you to include.
- Hosking Associates will log the complaint and issue an acknowledgment within 2 working days of receiving the written complaint.
- The Operations Manager will keep a full record of all complaints.
- Hosking Associates will fully investigate the complaint and will aim to resolve all complaints received in a prompt and professional manner. We will respond in writing within 10 working days of receipt of the formal complaint.
- It is important to us that any complaint is dealt with expeditiously and, to that end, if we cannot reply within 10 working days of a complaint you will be made aware in writing of the steps being taken by Hosking Associates to address the complaint and the time-scales that are being applied.
- If we find that your complaint is justified, you will receive an apology together with details of any other steps we will take to meet your concerns. We will also explain what we are doing to prevent the problem happening again.
- Under the terms and conditions of our service to all clients, we state that any complaints regarding invoices are to be received within one calendar month of the date of the invoice. After this time we will consider that the invoice is valid and will chase for late payment.
If you are unhappy about our decision
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you may request, in writing, that the Director of Hosking Associates Ltd, Louise Hosking, review your complaint. In making such a request, you should draw to the Director’s attention the specific issues which you feel have not been fully taken into account and your justification for that view. The Director will carry out a full investigation and aim to reply to you with 10 working days of receipt.
Writing a Complaint
All complaints should be sent in writing and addressed to the Operations Manager at Hosking Associates and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; your complaint should include the following information:
- Your name, organisation name, and address.
- Your email and telephone number.
- The name of the person you are making a complaint against.
- A full description of the nature of the complaint. Please include the date the complaint occurred and copies of any supporting documentation/evidence, if required.
- The reasons why you feel the individual or Hosking Associates Ltd is at fault and you are making the complaint.
- If you complained to the consultant directly first, please explain what was discussed.
- Any other information you feel would be helpful in investigating your complaint.
Timing of Complaints
Under the standard terms and conditions of our service to all clients, we state that any complaints regarding invoices be received within one calendar month of the date of the invoice. After this time we will consider that the invoice is valid and will chase for late payment.
In order to ensure that complaints are dealt with properly, we will not accept complaints that are made more than three months after the event. If your complaint is older than that, please contact the Operations Manager who will advise you on whether or not we will consider it.
Complaints Without Merit
Hosking Associates reserves the right not to investigate complaints that it considers to be frivolous or without merit; where further investigation would not serve any useful purpose; or where it would otherwise be an inappropriate use of the complaints procedure.