This course is designed to be practical and hands on. Attendees will be encouraged to draw on their knowledge of their own business. This will be used by delegates to develop key parts of their own management system. This can include identifying and managing interested parties, risk evaluation and alignment of obligations, aspects and objectives.
- Provide practical advice and guidance to embed a management system
- Increase understanding of core elements of ISO 14001 and how to deploy system within own organisation
Who should attend
- Individuals or teams with a new responsibility for implementing or refreshing an EMS
- All staff who have accountability or responsibility for environmental / sustainability / CR management
- All staff who want to increase their capability in using management systems
- Purpose of management systems
- Costs and benefits, risks and opportunities
- EMS structure
- Tools to gather data and evaluate
- Context, stakeholder, risk, environmental impacts, legislation, policy, objectives, KPIs, reporting, auditing
- Testing and practicing use of tools using own business examples
- Pit falls and lessons learned
This is a certificated CPD course. Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple-choice assessment.