This course introduces formal management systems. The purpose, structure and benefits of an iterative process will be discussed. The core phases of ‘plan, do, check and act’ will be reviewed and examples used to illustrate how these are applied within organisations.
- Increase understanding of management systems and their business benefits
- Increase understanding of 14001 environmental management system and its application to a business
- Introduce some of the central elements of an EMS
Who should attend
- All staff considering the benefits and value of a structured management system in their organisation
- New staff with responsibility for managing, deploying or reporting elements of an EMS
- All staff accountable for delivering improved environmental performance who are new to ISO standards
- Introduction to management systems, why, what and when they add value
- Structure and approach to ISO 14001
- Core components including, establishing context, policy, aspects, regulations, objectives, targets, reporting, improving
- Pit falls and lessons learned
This is a certificated CPD course. Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple-choice assessment.