Abrasive Wheels Training has been developed in response to the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, which requires those people who mount or use abrasive wheels or grinding machines be provided with suitable information, instruction & training. The course is relevant for those using both hand-held and bench mounted equipment.
By the end of the course, delegates will know how to change and use abrasive wheels safely. Also, how to undertake checks of their own equipment prior to use and periodically.
Who should attend
Anyone who is required to change or use abrasive wheels in the workplace. It is also relevant for supervisors or managers with responsibilities to ensure that those working under them are using this equipment safely.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions which should be observed
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- The functions of all components used with abrasive wheels,
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly
- Use of personnel protective equipment
- Legal requirements relating to abrasive wheels
- Advisory literature relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels
- Practical Training: Pre-Use Visual Checks & Written Inspections of own equipment
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on?successful completion of the multiple choice assessment.