Risk assessments are a legal requirement and an integral part of the safety management process within any organisation. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 brought about the concept of risk assessment for all work activities. If risk assessments are undertaken effectively and with thought, they can form the basis of the arrangements within any business. Syndicate exercises will form an important component of this training module.
To provide personnel with sound practical skills and knowledge to carry out thorough risk assessments and put in place suitable risk control measures, including valid method statements.
Who should attend
Personnel who are required to undertake risk assessments and produce method statements in their workplace. Also, managers with the responsibility to manage this process.
1 day. Refresher courses/updates 1/2 day
- Legal background to risk assessment
- The Key Components of a risk assessment necessary to make it suitable & sufficient
- Hazard awareness exercise
- Hazard & Risk
- Steps to risk assessment
- Different types of risk assessment
- Risk assessment proforma design
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Site specific vs generic risk assessments
- Method statements vs Risk Assessments
- Reviewing contractor risk assessments
- Practical risk assessment
- Practical Guidance on managing the risk assessment process
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple choice assessment.