This course is designed to provide all employees with a basic level of environmental and sustainability awareness. It will introduce the three pillars of sustainability and will be tailored to the client needs. Examples will be used to show how global concerns such as climate change, resource scarcity, supply chain issues and biodiversity are directly relevant to day to day operations.
- Introduce the three pillars of sustainability and what that means to business
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and their relevance to business
- Show how economic, environmental and social issues are interrelated
- Demonstrate the importance of using objective data when making trad-offs
Who should attend
- All staff involved in developing or deploying environmental policies
- All staff who contributes to the success of the organisation
- Contractors, suppliers and key stakeholders who need to understand why the environment is relevant to your business
- Jargon busting; what does sustainability, environment, environmentally friendly mean?
- Introduction to significant environmental issues including; climate change, resource depletion, habitat loss and biodiversity, urbanisation and population growth, wellness, technology changes
- How is this relevant to business? – drawing up interrelationships
- Focus on key issue, relevant to the audience
- Show how and where action can be taken
This is a certificated CPD course. Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple-choice assessment.