We are hiring!
Hosking Associates is a growing consultancy and we are looking for the right types of people to grow with us and join our team. We provide Safety, Health and Environmental services. We strive to empower our clients ultimately encouraging them to become self-sufficient.
We are currently looking for experienced , qualified H&S professionals, and an associate environmental & quality consultant with experience of implementing ISO9001 ISO14001
If you are interested in applying please scroll to the bottom of the page to submit your CV and cover letter.
Safety & Health Management Consultant
If you enjoy a good challenge, have a genuine desire to coach, support and empower businesses of any shape or size to achieve safety & health happiness we are looking for you.
We are seeking a charismatic problem solver, obstacle remover and solution finder to become a part of our small, hardworking team working alongside modern forward thinking organisations to help them achieve aims and objectives you will assist them in realising.
- Do you have great communication skills and enjoy being part of a team?
- Can you create convincing, high quality well-reasoned reports and written work?
- Are you responsive and able to multi-task?
- Do you relish project management and collaboratiion to create processes and arrangements which save time and provide a positive impact
- Can you do great risk assessments and know how to apply OSH law in a positive, encouraging manner?
If the answer is yes, you are based in the South East and are either in the process of achieving NEBOSH Diploma or already hold it we would like to speak to you.
Hosking Associates is experiencing an exciting period of growth. Established clients are winning awards and new customers are joining us. We aim to deliver robust, pragmatic arrangements in a manner we believe is unique to our sector. We can offer variety and a wide range of OSH experience to the right person.
We can offer full or part time positions and flexibility around school holidays, child care or other commitments for the right person.
Ideally located in Northern Home Counties, North/South London or Surrey with occasional travel within the UK
You will work with a wide range of clients, many of them within the property sector to achieve continual improvement. This includes developing robust management systems for clients in line with company processes and implementing these fully. In particular:
- Undertake initial reviews. Create reports and action plans from these
- Assist clients with creating electronic and hard copy documentation management systems
- Ensure steering groups are organised throughout the year and facilitated
- Annually auditing clients via our Safety Ribbon standards
- Conducting interim checks and inspections for clients where required
- Organising and undertaking risk assessment work.
- Creating operating procedures, templates and systems which will help clients to meet legal standards in line with company standards and existing processes
- Ensuring client policy documents are reviewed annually and have been created in the company standard where possible
- Training Others
- Helping clients create good systems for recording staff training and storing training information
- Making best use of available client time, planning this over the year and helping them to stay focused and organised. Staying aware of time availability with clients, ensuring their time is used proactively.
- Ensuring the clients action plan is kept up to date
- Creating systems for clients so they can monitor internal incidents, accidents and near misses
- Ensuring client organisations develop positively over time
- Maintaining own CPD records and filing certificates
- Take personal responsibility for developing personal knowledge to provide excellence in all aspects, staying current.
- Provide consistent, reliable and correct advice.
- Actively seek out new business and new client opportunities
- Relevant degree or NVQ Level 5 as minimum
- NEBOSH Diploma or in the process of completing this (or equivalent)
- BIFM qualified FMs with a flare for Health, Safety and Environmental Management would be a great fit with us
- Qualified EHO’s equally welcomed
Experience and Capabilities
- Positive outlook, with a belief that any organisation with the right support can make safer, more responsible choices for their business
- Good project management skills
- Commercial awareness and practical outlook
- Problem solver rather than a problem finder
- Confident communicator and motivator of others
- Strong written skills – report writing is an important part of the role
- Capable of balancing priorities
- Ability to self motivate but also to work well within a team
- Experience of working in the property sector with property owners and managing agents would be desirable
Competitive salary + benefits
Salary range £30-50k depending on experience, motivation and ability to hit the ground running
We are very keen on personal development and will support your CPD. You will also become part of our annual bonus scheme which is based on personal and company performance.
Due to the nature of our client base you would be subject to a criminal record check. For a similar reason we also have a strict no-smoking policy during the working day between 9am and 5.30pm.
When applying, please specify H&S Manager.