IOSH Leading Safely is designed for senior executives and is available as an online tutor-led course, open course or bespoke in-house course.
Louise Hosking delivers this course online in tutor-led convenient bite-size sessions. For course dates and to book click here
To schedule an in-house course for your organisation call 0203 603 6466 or click on Register your interest
As a senior executive, your time is precious. IOSH has designed this 5-hour Leading Safely course in conjunction with business leaders to include exactly what you should know as a Director, CEO or Senior Manager, in as short a time as possible.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including how to enhance management arrangements, encouraging positive worker engagement, and identifying clear, unambiguous responsibilities which can all lead to improved staff retention, better productivity, an enhanced reputation and stronger brand.
Hosking Associates has successfully guided senior managers and business owners from a number of large, medium and small organisations through the IOSH Leading Safely course with great success. Everyone attending has commented it has made them consider their own perceptions of what leading safely and changing culture means. Everyone has gone away understanding what the key questions are they should ask to properly appraise how well their organisation is doing in practice and what their personal and company liabilities are.
How the IOSH Leading Safely course delivery style suits you
- Short duration so as not to disrupt the busy schedule of CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives
- Flexible format to fit in with your needs – 5-hour face-to-face learning which is currently being delivered via a virtual training classroom
- Examples are chosen to suit your needs and industry
What our Customers Say
David Blake – Chantry Finance
Anne Sheldon – The London Preschool
Leading safely can be tailored to your needs and industry, and its short format – 5-hour classroom time plus one hour e- learning – makes it ideal for busy senior leaders.
By the end of this course successful delegates should be able to:
- Recognise the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
- Understand your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciate the consequences of poor safety and health
- Learn about the positive financial returns on offer from leading safely
- Plan the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Consider safety & health as a key strategic objective for your business
- Understand the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Know why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Who should attend
IOSH Leading Safely is for directors, senior executives, and anyone with leadership responsibility in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to provide practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice.
This course covers:
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
Assessment is completion of a personal commitment at the end of the face-to-face learning. These are a set of SMART actions leaders will commit to following the recommendations in the personal report and other learning gained during the course.
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).