We are running an open IOSH Leading Safely course in January 2020 in central London. Call 0203 603 6466 for more information and to reserve your place
As a senior executive, your time is precious. IOSH has designed this 1/2 day Leading Safely course in conjunction with business leaders to include exactly what you should know as a Director, CEO or Senior Manager, in as short a time as possible.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including how to enhance management arrangements, encouraging positive worker engagement, and identifying clear, unambiguous responsibilities which can all lead to improved staff retention, better productivity, an enhanced reputation and stronger brand.
Hosking Associates has successfully guided senior managers and business owners from a number of large, medium and small organisations through the IOSH Leading Safely course with great success. Everyone attending has commented it has made them consider their own perceptions of what leading safely and changing culture really means. Everyone has gone away understanding what the key questions are they should ask to properly appraise how well their organisation is doing in practice and what their personal and company liabilities are.
How the IOSH Leading Safely course delivery style suits you
- Short duration so as not to disrupt the busy schedule of CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives
- Flexible format to fit in with your needs – 1/2 day face-to-face learning with an online e-learning module
- Examples are chosen to suit your needs and industry
- Support before, during and after you attend the course through the dedicated IOSH For Leaders app
Please click on Register Your Interest, or call us today at 0203 603 6466 to discuss organising a course for your organisation.
Leading safely can be tailored to your needs and industry, and its short format – 1/2 day classroom time plus one hour e- learning – makes it ideal for busy senior leaders.
By the end of this course successful delegates should be able to:
- Recognise the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
- Understand your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciate the consequences of poor safety and health
- Plan the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
- Understand the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
- Know why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Who should attend
IOSH Leading Safely is for directors, senior executives, and anyone with leadership responsibility in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to provide practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice.
This course covers:
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
Assessment is completion of a personal commitment at the end of the face-to-face learning. These are a set of three SMART actions leaders will commit to following the recommendations in the personal report and other learning gained during the course.
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).