IOSH Leading Safely is designed for business owners, senior executives, Directors and decision makers. It is available as an online tutor-led course, open course or bespoke in-house course.
Louise Hosking delivers this course online in tutor-led convenient bite-size sessions from 9.30am to 4.30pm UK time. Currently the session is being run virtually which means we can offer training globally. Our next planned session is 23rd Feb 2021 from 9.30am UK time. For course dates and to book click here
To schedule an in-house course for your organisation or to book for a group our minimum number is 5. Global group bookings can be adjusted to suit your time zone. Please call 0203 603 6466 or click on Register your interest
As a senior executive, your time is precious. This IOSH accredited course has been created in conjunction with business leaders to include exactly what you should know as a Director, CEO or Senior Manager, in as short a time as possible.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including how to enhance management arrangements, encouraging positive worker engagement, and identifying clear, unambiguous responsibilities which can all lead to improved staff retention, better productivity, an enhanced reputation and stronger brand. We will discuss your personal motivations, your perception of risk and help you understand more clearly where Health & Safety fits into your corporate values. We will challenge you to build a long term Health & Safety strategy based on personal objectives you will develop as an outcome of attending the course.
Hosking Associates has successfully guided leaders from a wide range of organisations through the IOSH Leading Safely course with great success. Louise Hosking is not only a Health & Safety leader and influencer but also a business owner. This means she understands the distractions and challenges you face every day. Louise is also a keen IOSH volunteer and thought leader. Everyone attending has commented it has made them consider their own perceptions of what leading safely and transforming culture means. Everyone has gone away understanding what the key questions are they should ask to properly appraise how well their organisation is doing in practice and what their personal and company liabilities are.
How the IOSH Leading Safely course delivery style suits you
- Short duration so as not to disrupt the busy schedule of CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives
- Flexible format to fit in with your needs
- Sessions and discussions tailored to the experience of delegates
What our Customers Say
David Blake – Chantry Finance
Anne Sheldon – The London Preschool
By the end of this course successful delegates should be able to:
- Recognise the true value of strategic safety and health; learn how its integration into business management systems and performance really can improve business performance and productivity
- Understand how your personal leadership style may influence how risk is perceived within your organisation
- Understand your safety and health responsibilities
- Appreciate potential consequences should things go wrong when determining the risk appetite for your business
- Learn about the positive financial returns on offer from leading safely – how this can add real value to your business
- Plan the overall strategic direction for safety and health in your organisation as you would other aspects such as finance, marketing, HR or sustainability
- Understand the value from investing in your safety and health management system
- Know why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance against both leading and lagging key performance indicators
Who should attend
IOSH Leading Safely is for business owners, directors, senior executives, and anyone with leadership responsibility in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to provide practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice.
9.30am to 4.30pm UK time including breaks.
This course covers:
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours completed prior to attending. This allows the course leader to tailor messages to your experience
- Case study review – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
- Included in the price is a pack of information to support ongoing development of Health & Safety arrangements within your business
Assessment is completion of three personal commitments and course feedback at the end of the learning. The Personal Commitments are a set of SMART actions leaders will commit to implementing as a result of attending the session.
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).