IOSH Managing Safely provides managers with an understanding of exactly what they are expected to manage and how. It is available as an open course or bespoke in-house course.
To enquire about open courses, or to book an in-house course call 0203 603 6466
This flexible, 3-day course is ideal for getting managers up-to-speed on the skills they need to tackle safety and health issues in the workplace.
A practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, Managing Safely has a sharp business focus. The hands-on, jargon-free format engages and inspires, and has helped a huge range of businesses to raise standards of safety and health. The following areas are covered:
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
To hear what advocates for the course are saying click here
What our customers say
Colin Penny – Grove Place
Managing safely will give delegates the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
By the end of this course successful delegates should be able to:
- Identify their responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain the reasons for preventing workplace accidents
- Explain the reasons for preventing occupational ill health
- Define ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’
- Identify common hazards in the workplace
- Outline the requirements for the control of waste and pollution
- Identify the best techniques to control key risks
- Identify the demands of the law and how the legal system works
- Describe a health and safety management system
- Identify why and how accidents should be investigated
- Outline basic performance indicators for monitoring activities
- Carry out a risk assessment
Who should attend
Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It’s designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams. We aim to give managers the confidence to make their own risk-based choices as part of what they do rather than seeing it as something which stands alone.
3 days (flexible timings – can be consecutive days or one day a week over three weeks)
This course covers 7 units over 3 days:
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2: Assessing risks
- Module 3: Controlling risks
- Module 4: Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5: Identifying hazards
- Module 6: Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7: Measuring performance
The end of course assessment consists of a multiple test exam and a practical assessment in the workplace. Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).